post circle

Speechless.

9.09.2010

Man, it's been a really crappy week for my loved ones. I am one of those people that take things personally when things happen to people I care about. Even if it's something I have absolutely no control over.

SO many emotions are spiraling through me right now, it's almost hard to think straight. There is a hard lump in my throat that won't go away, an ache in my heart so sharp, and my mind is going a mile a minute.

As you may have read yesterday, my brother and sister-in-law's house flooded yesterday from MEAN HERMINE. Drew and I went to see them today after work to lend a hand, and O...M...G... Driving up you could barely see their house because of all the trucks, dumpsters, cars, people, and furniture that suffocated the street. It literally looked like a piece of the footage you saw from the Hurricane Katrina damage a few years ago.

I fought back my tears, and swallowed the lump in my throat as I walked up the drive-way to see my family sitting there, covered in mud, sweating, and beyond exhausted. It was the saddest thing I had ever seen. Families, kids, and couples lined the streets with every piece of furniture and belonging they owned scattered across their yards. Everything was covered in mud;just ruined. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. I can't imagine what they must feel right now. It all just left me speechless...

Before we left, something did however, warm my heart in so many ways.

A van drove up with a family of four. A man, his wife, and his two darling little girls. The man opened the back of their van, and out came a laundry basket filled with food. My sister-in-law started crying, as did her friend, and tears welled up in my eyes. The little girls hopped out, with a timid smile, and handed my brother the food. It was so kind, and humbling. I can only hope we live in a neighborhood one day with people so generous and caring.

I would also like to thank each and every single person that has kept my family in their prayers. I mentioned my blog post to them today, and they wanted me to tell you thank you for all your kind words and prayers. They are in good spirits, considering, and are trying to stay positive.

&&& Speaking of sad...So many of my friends have had so many heart-breaking things happen to them this week. I won't go into too much detail, but if you have time, please say a prayer for them as well. Everything from break-ups, relationship problems, to a miscarriage of a very dear friend. It's been rough, and all I can do is just pray. I know it is all in God's plan, but it's just overwhelming. I wish there was something I could do to fix it all, and take away all of their pain.

Photobucket

post circle 5 comments :

  1. This post touched my heart! I am sorry these things keep on happening! All you can do is pray and rely on each other. Blessings to you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, the story about the family bringing food even brought tears to my eyes. Got to be thankful for people like that. Of course we will keep you family in friends in our thoughts...sending lots of positive vibes their way.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. Will definitely be keeping them and you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story about the family bringing the basket of food over gave me shivers...good shivers. To think that there are still caring and kind people in this world, is amazing.

    Hopefully things start to look up soon for your family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspirational story. I love how the family came with food - there are kind hearted people in this world. Sending posivite thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete