post circle

CHICK-FIL-A on the brain. :/

3.04.2011

I just had the strongest, meanest, most HORRIBLE craving for chick-fil-a just now. All morning long I kept trying to distract my brain from picturing and smelling those amazing chicken nuggets and chick-fil-a sauce that my mid-section and thighs absolutely LOVE. Keys in hand, about to head out the door, I stopped and thought to myself, "DON'T DO IT SHAY! DON'T YOU GO ONE STEP FURTHER! KEEP WALKING TOWARDS THE KITCHEN AND MAKE YOUR CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI AND YOU SIT THERE AND YOU IMAGINE IT'S CHICK-FIL-A. YOU BETTER SMILE WHILE DOING IT TOO!!!"

So what did I do? I walked, sadly, to the kitchen in my office. People were microwaving hot pockets, and yummy left overs from last night's dinner. FRIED FOOD smell was happily suffocating my nostrils, and I proceeded to cook my healthy chicken and broccoli. I DID have a Diet Dr. Pepper, but I consider that an accomplishment. I beat my first hard core fast food craving. I'm not going to lie, I STILL WANT FREAKING CHICK-FIL-A and it's amazing SWEET TEA, but NO. I CAN'T DO IT! I refuse!!!

So, how's your Friday going?

Did you happen to see this video? I couldn't stop laughing. I mean, look at this chick's <---CHICK-FIL-A on the brain again---> face. Hysterical!!! I think this would be my reaction if I was lucky enough to eat Chick-Fil-A every day and not gain a pound. If only...



This weekend I thought I was going to have a meeting in Houston, but I'm not anymore. We are going to a wedding on Sunday about 3.5 hours away, and most likely going to visit our friend in College Station tomorrow. Should be fun.

Well, that's all for now. Thank you guys for the sweetest most kindest comments lately. Y'all make me smile!!! :)

post circle 14 comments :

  1. I'm not going to lie, I was kind of hoping you were going to say you caved. Because I REALLY want some chick-fil-a

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo and I just downloaded boy with a coin from your playlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought chick-fil-a was healthy?? no??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all excited to tell you about my trip to Chick-fil-a but then you didn't go...you're stronger than I am girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is free FryDay too... theyre giving out free fries from 2-4!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should come live here...we don't have a Chick-Fil-A. Well, maybe one down at the mall food court, but that's too much effort.

    Try nibbling some carrots or something. Lol. Fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a minute "first hard core food craving"??? Are you preggo!?!?! Did I miss something???

    I felt the same sense of satisfaction when I really wanted something sweet during my meltdown last night and I didn't cheat. Tiny victories!

    Hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. I love your blog. My name's Anna, I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA. I just started my own Fashion site. Check it out for multiple post a day on all things fashion. I'm following, I hope you'll follow back.
    Thanks love. xoxo.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is hilarious! dang chick-fil-a and all its amazing-ness. i'll give you one guess on what day i ALWAYS crave the chicky....yep that would be sunday! have a fabulous weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE me some chick-fil-A! It is soooo yummy!!

    And that cheerleaders reaction left my eyes wide opened and my jaw dropped. It looked like her head was going to rip off from whipping it back and forth so fast!!! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That video is hilarious! I'm surprised she didn't hurt her neck!

    Chick-fil-A is definitely my favorite fast food place :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOLOLOLOL! That video had me rolling! I thought her head was going to fly right off!!! LOL!!!!!! That really just made my day! So funny!

    Chick-fil-a rocks! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah I have been having the same cravings and have been staying away from it! It is so hard!!

    ReplyDelete