post circle

Celebrity Status & My Weekend #

5.16.2011


I had a great weekend. Friday night was one of those laugh until your stomach hurts kind of evenings...

Awhile back, Sabrina from Sabrina Says (LOVE THIS GIRL) had commented on a post that had my sister-in-law Ashley in it. She mentioned that Ashley looked a lot like Sweet Dee from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Sadly, I can't say I've ever seen the show, but I Googled her and Oh. My. Gosh. They are twinkies. They really DO look so much alike...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Andrew's parents came into town, and after work we headed to Trudy's, a mexican restaurant located in downtown Austin.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
When we sat down, our waiter quickly pointed out that Ashley and Sweet Dee looked alike. He then went into this explanation about how he and his friends (the other waiters) always got together after work and watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He told us they were obsessed with the show...

So what was this waiter's idea???

He told the entire staff that Ashley WAS Kaitlin Olsen...

We received THE best service of our lives. Seriously.

We had people filling up our glasses every minute, and people started walking by and staring. It was AWESOME. LOL.

Then...a guy comes up and asks Ashley, "ARE YOU REALLY HER!? LIKE SERIOUSLY!?"

Ashley nodded, and I acted like I was her manager. It was so much fun lol. I was, like, SO L.A. Haha.

He kept saying, "Omg! This is awesome! It is SO nice to meet you!"

Then he wanted a picture.

Photobucket

Just look how HAPPY he is. I feel HORRIBLE looking at this, but you have to admit...it IS kind of funny.

Then another girl came up and wanted a picture.

Photobucket

Then, this one guy, who seriously broke my heart. I swear we are going to Hell. Haha.

He comes up to Ashley and says, "Is it really you!?"

Ashley: "...Yes," and smiles.

Dude: "Omg...OMG. I'm seriously STAR STRUCK right now."

Ashley smiles. I'm laughing hysterically.

Dude: "No seriously, you don't know how much this means to me. It's such an honor to meet you...You...(I swear he was choking up) You are SO AWESOME! Thank you! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO! What you've done to comedy is unreal...this is the best day of my life. I just love your show, and you're just seriously hilarious."

Ashley: "Thank you." (laughs, smiles)

It was SO sad, and yes, we DID feel bad. But we were already in on the joke, and I know he would have been so embarrassed if we would have told him immediately after his little speech that it was all a big FAT lie...Ya know? People were snapping pictures, and I couldn't stop laughing. It was kinda cool seeing what happens when you are a celebrity.

I have no idea if the waiter ever told them the truth...but I hope he did. It was the most evil/clever/fun trick EVER. Muahahahahaw.

SATURDAY, we started off our morning at Cracker Barrel. I hope you have been to this restaurant because it is always so so good.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

We spent the rest of the day shopping and looking for furniture. I can't wait to get new couches. This is TORTURE I tell you. BLAH!

Saturday night I had a photoshoot with my friend/model Sabina. I really can not wait to show you these pictures. She's stunning...AHHH! Just you wait. I have an exciting story to tell you about this photoshoot too, but it will have to wait until I am done editing the pictures. EEEEK! :)

Sunday, we went to church and had the most awesome sermon EVER. I got goosebumps, teary eyed, and the preacher REALLY moved me. I love mornings like that one...It makes for a WONDERFUL week! :)

After church, we went to lunch and here was my fortune...I kinda liked it. ;)
Photobucket
I had a photoshoot that evening which was so much fun. After the photo session, my brother had us over and cooked us a delicious meal.
Photobucket
See? Nom. Nom. Nom.

We played softball in Bubba's backyard, and just really enjoyed the evening.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Dana, my other SIL, made 5 dozen cupcakes...
Photobucket
Seriously...I'm addicted to these things.

However, so are my thighs.

post circle 15 comments :

  1. The resemblance is striking!!! I was like no way they aren't the same person! Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG they are seriously twins! Crazy!

    I love reading your blog, you really take amazing pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you... but the Yankees shirt is unacceptable! bleh hate the Yankees.

    oh and that is TOO funny that your sister in law went along with it and posed for pics hahaha she really is that chick's double though!

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe the people at the restaurant - I would have been dying laughing the whole time. But she really does look just like her! I love the guy telling her she was practically his hero... hilarious! All of your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, OMG, OMG, she UNCANNY looks like D!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post!! Put a big ol smile on my face!!! I love that show, and she DOES look just like her!!! Crazy!!! Sounds like way too much fun!!!

    And, I am seriously obsessing over your TOMS! Way too cute!!!

    Last thing...That picture of you with your head down is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great photos in the back yard! And I was crying laughing reading that story about your SIL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic post today! It put such a ginormous smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing that your SIL pretended to be her! I think I would have cracked and died laughing, totally giving it away haha!

    cracker barrel has delicious burgers

    I'm with Rissy....BOOO YANKEEEES! but i <3 you

    other people's cupcakes always look better than mine!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny! I love Sweet Dee on that show.. I think even more so because Kaitlin Olsen went to my college, so I feel connected to her and the show. haha! And I love your shoes!!! Are they Toms?? My friend just got a pair and swear they are super comfy... but I love the black and white pattern of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! I was laughing SO hard! And especially since you were in Austin I'm sure there are a lot of celeb sightings so it was TOO unbelieveable, ya know?!

    I'm seriously STILL laughing!

    I love that you went along with it and that you took pictures!! So great!

    and thanks for the shout out Home Girl!

    Sabrina Says

    ReplyDelete
  12. This made me laugh so hard! That is hilarious!! It would be so fun to get star treatment for a night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen the show either but she really does look like her!

    Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, it was funny enough that she played it off once that she was her but to do it repeatedly? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How FUNNY! They really do look alike!

    ReplyDelete