post circle

The Windy City.

10.22.2012

Photobucket
photo credit: shalyn nelson photography


Chicago. This city. Y'all, I fell in love. I'm a country girl with a very big heart for the city. I don't know what it is, but I feel so alive when I'm in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the lights, the people, the tall buildings, pigeons, landscapes, the smell and just the energy of it all. San Francisco will always be my favorite city, but Chicago, you are a very close second. Very close. (New York, I'm coming for you soon!)

When I attended Making Things Happen, I got to room with Kristin, Rhi, and Leah (wedding planners and a photographer) whom I literally fell in love with. Those girls...I swear...We had the best time and our personalities were all so complimenting of each other...it just worked. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet/room/cuddle/talk/shop/soul-search with. It was the best couple of days I've had in a very long time and I got to fly away with friends that have the same passions for life as I do. [I miss y'all SO much already ladies...it isn't even funny.]

I have a HUGE daunting to-do list on this chalkboard wall in my office and even though I could spend all day talking about how much I love my new lady loves and Chicago, I'll let the pictures do the talking. Kristin left before we got our cameras out, sadly, so she's missing from all of these. [BOO]. Anyway, I have to Make Things Happen y'all, and finish up my summer weddings and get those sent out asap, as well as PACK FOR BAWWWSTON!

Have a beautiful day, loves. Make it a good one.

P.s.)  Here is a playlist that I'm listening to right now from Kelly Ann and it's making me feel calm, peaceful, and productive. Win-Win? :)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

So. Much. Fun. & So. Much. Love.


post circle 32 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness I love you. This makes my heart ache because I miss you but it makes me happy because we have MEMORIES! Yeah girl. Get it done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had so much fun =]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to New York but never to the Windy City. I so badly have wanted to go... It looks like you had a blast. I love the photos they are great girlie. So jealous....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from chicago and it is one of my favorite cities to go back and visit. If I wasnt living in Austin, it would be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! I'm not much of a city girl, I'd prefer a little town. I only spent a night in Chicago but, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Pictures, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so not a city girl.. I love the hills, and lakes, and mountains too much, however, I do love the beauty and history of big cities ( like Chicago ). I've never been and I would love to visit. These pictures are lovely! As well as you three ladies.

    xo
    oolalalauren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photograpy = amazing. This looks like so much fun! I'm from a small town but a city girl at heart so I'm slowly working my way there (stuck in College Station at the moment). This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography amazes me. I wish I had some occasion coming up that required a photographer! :)

    And I need to visit Chicago, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww you look so so SO happy there!

    But don't you go gettin' comfortable little lady...Texas is keeping you hostage...FO LIFE! (Ok...maybe I'm selfish. Either way-you belong in the Lonestar State for shore.

    PS-your photog skillz are still mad. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take such amazing photos! What editing do you use? What settings are you drawn to? Also, I can kind of see the camera in the last one, but what is it exactly and what lenses do you have?

    Sorry for all the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures! I'm from Chicago and love this city too. Sometimes you take for granted the amazingness of the place you live in. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I think my favorite picture was of the two old men in the window and the Starbucks sitting on the ledge.
    ~Christine
    xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pictures, per the usual! Looks like you had a great time in the windy city.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love! I was just in Chicago last month and have a lot of the same pictures (=the pizza from Giordano!). Such a fun city! I wish I had had more time to explore!

    PS: How cute are you girls??!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cutest. So glad you all got to play together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS photos, per usual. I absolutely LOVE Chicago. It's so close to Minneapolis, I don't know why I don't visit more often. Also, Giordanos pizza is RIDIC, I have it every time I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. i wove you. you're the best and i absolutely love these photos. kinda funny we edit so similar! i found my TWIN in life ... yes ... TWIN! wove you to pieces. i'll be blogging some of these images for sure! sue me. hehe ... just kidding! can't wait for you to make me a better blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these photos are gorgeous! I love everything about this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your photos and loooove your jacket!! This trip looks like one for the books :) And the post you had two days ago proves that. I'm ready to make things happen in my life as well! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE Chicago, my cousin got married @ the Joffery Ballet a month ago & we had a blast!

    As a Texas girl myself, I totally get the feeling so alive there, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You 3 are the cutest things Chi-town has ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chicago is great! It looks like you had a blast and Garrett Popcorn you can't go to the windy city and not get that :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amaaaaazing pictures...as in perfection...and now, of course, I want to get windblown in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pictures! AND your boots! Can I ask where they are from?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You three are so beautiful! You can feel the love through your pictures!

    Looks like such a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great pics! Chicago looks like such a beautiful city. I'm planning to visit there in the spring and can't wait to explore a new city.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!
    I have been wanting to visit Chicago for so long and you just made my heart ache for it! your photos are beautiful and I'm so curious what lens you used during this trip . . .
    And I want my hair to grow long like yours - Don't cut it, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete