post circle

DIY: Business Cards

10.12.2012

I've had a business for about 2 years now and GUESS what. I've never had a business card. 

I KNOWWWW! I deserve a big fat F-MINUS. I'll just do us both a favor and insert the big ol' "L" to the top of my forehead. It's cool, I TOTALLY deserve it. 

I'm aware that this is just plain ridiculous. I blame it on my indecisiveness and since I'm still in the process of rebranding my company...I haven't ordered cards because I don't have an official logo yet. 

I just haven't wanted to spend the money on cards that either a. I'm not proud of or b. going to change in just a few months when I have my brand new...BRAND.

However, back in May I booked my trip to Making Things Happen 2012: Chicago and I promised myself that I would have business cards. At that point, I thought I was going to have my website up, my official logo, and the whole big bam boom enchilada...but guess what... I don't have those things yet (longggg story). And here I am, TWO days away from flying out to this conference/seminar/kickbuttpeptalkforbusinesswomen and I have NOTHING to hand out. 

NOTHING. 

NOT acceptable, RIGHT!?!? I went into HOLY CRAP BATMAN mode and knew I had to come up with something.

I grabbed my sweet friend Nycia and ran to Hobby Lobby & Michaels for the business card crisis. Here is what we came up with...


Things You Need: 
1. Cardstock/Glitter Paper (Or any color that matches your brand/business)
2. Sharpie
3.Decorative Tape
4.Hole Punch (This can be any shape to your liking. I chose the heart for the gold heart theme my brand will be centered around.)
5. Back up heart hole punch (This particular one is smaller than #4, for variety)
6. Scissors
7. SNACKS
8. Clear Plastic Bags

Step One: Hole punch your decorative paper. This paper can be any color you prefer. I love gold, so naturally, that's what I'm using. :) 

Step Two: Lay out your hearts.

Step Three: Print out your information out on your card stock and cut it out. I cut mine out in squares, but you're free to cut it out in whatever shape you would prefer.

Step Four: Sprinkle your confetti shapes into the clear plastic bag.

 Step Five: Place your card stock into the plastic bag & fold the bag towards the front of your card.

Step Six: Use your decorative tape to seal your bag.


 Step Seven: Admire your pretty new handmade business cards! :)



Kind of fun right? If you love squares, circles, stars, triangles...incorporate those in with your bag. What's YOUR brand centered around? I chose this tape because the wall in my office is a big gold chevron pattern (Office Reveal coming SOON) and I chose the gold hearts because I feel that they define me and my business.

Have fun with it y'all~ and embrace the DIY. It's easy, fun, and something different than your average business card. I can't believe I waited this long! *Face Palm*

P.s.) The rest of this month is INSANE. Today I'm working alllll day, have to PACK for Chicago, have to go visit my Mom in the hospital (prayers, please), AND I have a wedding out of town tomorrow. I'll probably get home at about 3 in the morning and then I'm up, and out for MTH2012. I can't wait to meet Lara,  Emily, and Gina! I also get to room with some awesome ladies including my  sweet, talented and beautiful friend Rhiannon Muffin Pants from Hey Gorgeous. I'm pretty PUMPED!

I have three guest bloggers that will take over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that I'll be gone, but I'll be back Thursday to recap my trip! Then it's meetings, work, and another wedding that next Saturday, followed by my trip to Boston to visit Erica and Sabrina. MY oh MY is this month cray cray or what!

It's my first to Chicago EVER so hopefully it's cold! I LOVE cold weather! EEEEK~ Alright, my to-do list is overwhelming like WHOA and I should probably get started on that right meooow.

My thoughts are obviously all over the place. Bazingaaa!

Love y'all so much! Thank you for the prayers...they are appreciated more than you'll ever know! XO!





post circle 44 comments :

  1. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. I am OBSESSED with these. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE ARE ADORABLE SHAY!!!! I'M OBSESSED. Also, you are SO close to me when you will be in chicago!wah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly. my heart cant take these! they are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHAY THESE ARE SO CUTE! It is my secret dream (and will totally happen once I move) to start a custom confetti/banner company, you're hired!

    P.S. I want one of your totally amazing business cards please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! I was busy with glitter last night DIYing some greeting cards :) It's so much fun to buy pretty supplies and turn them into something even prettier! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love your idea!!! Have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so perfect! Of course, you and Nycia together would make something so fabulous. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shay these are fabulous and so you! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say you did one heck of an amazing job, sister!! You go!! If I had a business to make cards for I would soooo be trying this. Maybe I'll just make "Julia is Awesome" cards, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the most adorable business cards EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest business cards ever!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very easy and informative idea cards looks so beautiful. Free Business Cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cards are absolutely adorbs xx

    Shauna
    www.shaunawyrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are precious! Such a creative idea!

    Kari
    www.ryanandkari.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute!! I would definitely take note of whatever business it was that gave me a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are perfect and adorable and look great..i will definitely consider this when design plastic business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the best idea everrrrr! So freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who wouldn't want a Shay card sprinkled in gold hearts <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. like the post..that's what i want to do same with plastic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those cards are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You’ve managed to be without a business card for two years. I think you can manage for a little longer. I’m not encouraging you to go with this lack of business card thing, okay? I just see your point in not wanting to spend money on something you can’t be proud of. In marketing, consumers buy (and this is an observable fact) from those who know how to promote their products. Good luck in rebranding, Shalyn! Remember that a good logo builds trust.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so ADORABLE! I want to make these. Hope your enjoying Chicago! If you need any shopping/restaurant recommendations let me know! The weather is beautiful here this week. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple and easy to design..your approach towards designing inspires me a lot, can you share video tutorial with us.....

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH MY GOSH. These are PERFECT! So adorable. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great work. Looking awesome. This will help me so much in designing my plastic business cards. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. For beginners in the of field of designing
    plastic business cards like me it`s very helpful.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome cards! It’s amazing how you were able to make beautiful, elegant, and unique business cards in an instant. It’s so easy to do, and I think it’s quite cheap too. Kudos for this amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning design and supporting each other making it adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  29. A first gain will be its Endurance. They are able to, always past once and for all, if you decide to print out into it, the greeting Plastic business cards last your life amount, and even more. This particular presents many amazingly very good positive aspects for a greeting cards. On your finish, you are able to print out numerous plastic material business greeting cards most right away.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This business card design is very cool and unique. But making DIY business card is not possible for large and medium business purpose as quantity requirement is very huge and expensive too. So in this purpose, printing is the best affordable way. Business cards printings in Melbourne is very cheap and quality is also satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  32. There are so many printing available in Australia. The Budget Printing Plus is one of the best printing company in Australia that provides the best printing service for the business card, vinyl banner, receipt books, invoice books, Adshel poster etc. The quality of their printing service is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great ideas - So why not save and create your own DIY business cards. Even if you aren't looking for an inexpensive option,

    www.MMPCaringbah.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase. neet result

    ReplyDelete
  35. Premium business cards at standard business card prices. Design your own unique cards or use our easy designer for luxurious, beautiful business cards. Get cheap business card printing with next day delivery at Solopress. Choose from one of our templates or upload your own design on Abhiprint.com

    ReplyDelete