post circle

Maternity Session +

10.25.2010

My weekend was a busy/fun one.

I had my first official photoshoot (if you don't count my niece's senior portraits last year) and it was a BLAST! Ahhh I am so excited about the pictures.
I do realize my pics are cut off. I didn't size them right, but I'm just too lazy to go back and fix it :) So please, disregard it. ;)

Please meet Jennifer and Chris.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I work with Jennifer and she is due with little Miss Riley at the end of November. I get the honor of also taking her newborn pictures which I couldn't be more thrilled about.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The weather was overcast, and windy but we still rocked it.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I just love these two. They are so excited with the arrival of their first child. Look at them. They are beaming with excitement. I'm so thankful to have been asked to take these.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Also, my logo. Eh?
Photobucket

Not really sure if I like it yet or not. I've had friends call me and text me to tell me they love it, and others liked my original name and logo that I'm not really sure if I am gonna share just yet. The good news is I can always change it.
Photobucket

But for now, this works I suppose. I love grey and yellow. I want to somehow get that in it...maybe on my blog/website that is in the works?

Let me just say, I am SO excited about taking pictures. It's ALWAYSSSS been a hobby of mine. Back in the day, I was always the girl with 5 or so desposable cameras with her at all times. I remember I got my first digital camera when I graduated high school. Actually, I won one at project graduation, and I got another from my step-dad at the time. Needless to say, I haven't stopped taking pictures since. If we are at a party, a dinner, an event, etc., someone will always say, "Oh let's take a picture...Anyone have a camera? Oh, SHAY! She is always taking pics!" Yep. I'm THAT girl. Sue me k? ;)

I wanted to start doing photography years ago, but I could never afford a really good camera, so I've just kind of put it on the back burner.

I love caputuring Real Life. I love capturing Love. I love capturing moments that people take for granted. A smile here. A look there. I just love it all. I love being creative...Something that I feel I was born to do. I've always been told that, so I guess I need to put it to use.

The good news is I've already booked a few jobs since posting these pics yesterday on Facebook. How awesome is that??? I can't wait to share more with you. I feel blessed.

Andddd Saturday I coordinated a wedding until 12:30 a.m. I came home and zZzZzZzZzZzZz. Sunday was spent cleaning, doing laundry, and editing. Last night we also went to Zilker Park (downtown Austin) for Family Date Night with my sister-in-law, her boyfriend, and the dogs. It was Piper's first trip to the park and boy did he love it. He was sniffing everything, and even managed to escape his collar. That was a close one! Haha, little turd. But it was gorgeous as always viewing the skyline and seeing shirtless men with teeny tiny shorts sprint by. I wish I would have had my camera. :)

I know I have promised and promised more wedding posts, and instead of just raddling off excuse after excuse (because believe me, I have them) I am just going to say it.

I am a liar.

Not proud of that by any means, since one of my biggest pet peeves in life is in fact A LIAR. If you lie, I don't like you. Simple as that.

I guess I don't like myself right now ;)

Haha, but REALLY ladies, my life has been really REALLY hectic. I'm a big mess of the words...Unorganized, exhausted, busy, worn out, sloppy...See where this is going?

I am making it my GOAL this week and next week to get organized. I am still having problems getting all the pics I want to share uploaded, but hopefully that will be resolved soon. *Fingers Crossed People!*

Go grab a bull by the horns and make this week great. The full moon def. made last week a living hell. I'm going to make this week a better one.

So until next time, hopefully tomorrow...Peace and Hair Grease.

Photobucket

post circle 8 comments :

  1. The pictures turned out great! I love the baby and beer one! Haha too funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHAAAAAAAA, baby and beer. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pics, but one of my faves has to be the baby and beer. It made me laugh out loud! too cute :)

    <3 ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pictures are gorgeous! you definitely have an eye for photography and I have been (im)patiently waiting the wedding posts lol =) Hope this finds your week better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job girl! Love the ice cream and pickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work with the pictures! How did you make your logo...I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! Good job! I would love to develop some photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW those are just awesome, super job!

    ReplyDelete