post circle

Thighs & Birthdays #

10.27.2010

First of all, I want to thank you girls for the sweet comments on my maternity post. I love getting comments, and I love reading them. You girls are sooo sweet! I wish there was a way to meet all of you in person, grab a cup of coffee, or heck go out for Mexican food. MmmmMmm. Maybe one day, but in the meantime, I just want you to know that y'all are appreciated and y'all bring a smile to my face :)

I'm on my lunch break at work right now.

I am sitting here feeling good from all the Ibuprofen I've had to take since last night. There is a heating pad on my lap helping sooth the uncomfortable pain I'm in and I'm walking around the office like an 80 year old woman (No offense to anyone who is 80 and reading this). It's quite embarrassing. And kinda funny at the same time.

What happened?

It's really quite ridiculous.

For starters, I pulled my muscle in right my quad. Tore the living mess out of it. I'm no doctor, but all I know is that it hurts like a bad word.

On Monday, my friend Kelly and I raced each other to the bathroom. Who does this? Ah, we do. I was at a complete stop, jolted forward really fast, and holy mother of beep beep beep.

I honestly have NO idea why it happened. Maybe because I've been sore since my softball game last week, I don't know? I haven't eaten much potassium lately, maybe that's it?

Anywho, last night I had my softball game. I warned my teammates that I may be walking the bases, secretly praying that I could somehow find a way to run without hurting myself. I stretched, and stretched all day long. It didn't help unfortunately.

I popped the ball up (fail), and then I lunged forward to 1st base, and in that lunge, I felt this excruciating pain in both of my quad muscles. It felt as if a knife was puncturing them. Tears filled my eyes, and I tried to hold them back, because hellloooo it's co-ed league softball. Enough said. It's not like I was trying to be a wussy...even though that's what I felt like & what it looked like. People were looking at me like, "Uhhh what did you do? We didn't see anything happen? Did a ball hit you?" No. No. No. I wish a ball would have hit me. That would have been a more favorable option at the time.

I wanted to scream bloody murder to tell you the truth, but I kept it in, and set on the bench like a loser for the rest of the game. Yay. (I hope you sense the sarcasm) ;)

I swear I was going to upload engagement pictures last night, but my computer is upstairs, and I couldn't barely walk, much less attempt the stairs. It took me about 20 minutes to get to my husband's truck from the softball field. No lie.

The good news is I am feeling better. So I am just going to take it easy for the next week or two, and pray it gets better on it's own. Wah wah wah. Okay enough of my wining. I get it.

Moving right along, today is my Mamaw's Birthday. I love her. She is my very own real life cupcake.
Photobucket

Happy 79th Birthday Mamaw :)
Photobucket

I love you so, so much.

Also, yesterday was my brother's 32nd birthday.
Happy Birthday to you too Bubba :)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I love you to the moon and back!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


And guess what?

Be looking for my engagement pictures post SOON. VERY SOON! Quite possibly this evening folks! No lie! I know, I'm sure you are thinking, "I'll believe it when I see it!" Ha, I would too. I don't blame you whatsoever. But, be prepared to be amazed at my TRUTHFULNESS. This girl is gettin' organized babe-uh!

I hope everyone is having a Humptastic Wednesday! 2 days til' the weekend! Whoohoo! :) :) :)

P.s.) Oh, and I totally "lost" a follower. Why do I care? I don't know if I do. I guess I do or I wouldn't be writing this. Boooo.

Photobucket

post circle 8 comments :

  1. Aw happy birthday to Mawmaw and your bro! =)
    I'm not going to hold my breath for your e-pic post haha =) Though I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your thigh! Hopefully it'll get better soon :)

    Your grandma is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo sorry you were in so much pain, but the way you wrote about all this cracked me up!! You're too funny girl!!

    And thanks so much for your sweet comment on my last post - I sure appreciated that! Have a wonderful evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OW. that sounds like it hurt a lot. i am so sorry. just take it easy for a few days.
    and what a sweet mawmaw you have. :) you too are so cute. also, happy birthday to your brother. adorable pictures too!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank y'all so much! Y'all are so sweet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch....that doesn't sound fun! Your grandma looks like such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, happy birthday to your brother and grandma! Hope your legs are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! Feel better and happy birthday to your fam!

    ReplyDelete