post circle

Love Bug Session

11.05.2010

Last weekend I had the opportunity to photograph a very sweet friend of mine and her boyfriend of 4 years. Can I just say that I adore them? We took the pictures in downtown Austin and had such a BLAST! Toni and I work together at a marketing firm and she is def. one of the sweetest, most genuine people I've met in a very long time. I absolutely love her to pieces. :)

Also, they loved their pictures so much, they asked me to take their engagement pictures (when the time comes) and her bridal portraits. I couldn' t be more excited!

So without further ado...Meet Toni & Nick.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


I absolutely died when I captured that last picture. It was right at sunset, and we were done taking pictures...atleast I thought. I looked up, saw this, and said, "FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!" I absolutely LOVE it.

I am thrilled, excited, nervous, stressed, and so blessed about all of this. I've always wanted to do something I love to do, and I do believe this is it. I'm going to try and collaborate photography and event planning in one, so we will see how it goes. :) My Mom always told me this: "One of these days Shalyn, you are going to make a living at something you are good at, and something you love with all your heart. I bet it's something you already love to do, and it's sitting right under you. You just don't know it yet." Hence, my absolute crazy addiction to taking pictures and making people smile. Ding! Ding! Ding! Man, my Mom rocks my socks off. :P

Also, I might be MIA for the next week or two while I'm getting my website together. I'm so nervous about getting all this together too... It's like a big "school" project, only I'm not in school, and I'm not getting graded on it. I have butterflies, and knots in my stomach all at the same time. Getting a small business started is HARD WORK. :)

Yesterday my husband and I went to Barnes and Noble and read on some books to help me get everything started. I guess we were supposed to buy the books, but they were too dang expensive...So, we just browsed through and got a good idea on what to do. It also helps to have a brother who is a brilliant business man as well. :) Ahhhh! I am just pee in my pants over the top excited about this...Can you tell? :)

Photobucket

post circle 15 comments :

  1. These are beautiful! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalyn these are gorgeous! You are so talented and it's clear this is obviously what you are meant to be doing! Best of luck with your business ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm i just want to say i love your work. this is so adorable. i can't wait to see your website!! what a great thing to be excited about in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous shots!! You are very talented -- I love the feel of this shoot and that last shot: stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures! I bet they were so happy with how they turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE these pictures! Well done and what a super fun location! I was actually just in Austin a couple weeks ago visiting my boyfriend who is in grad school at UT and we were downtown and saw that cupcake truck and I commented on how cute it was! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this all sounds so wonderful. I'm so happy for you...going after what you want and doing something you love...it all sounds so thrilling!! Can't wait till the website is up!!!

    And the pictures look fab

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shalyn!! You have an absolute gift!!! Your pictures and creativity are incredible!!! Hope you have an awesome week and so glad I got to meet you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank each and every one of you SO SO SO much! :) Y'all are the sweetest bunch of ladies EVER! :)

    & Susan, I didn't know you blogged! :) Yay!!! :) Thank you SO much! :) I am so glad I got to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT pictures! you've got talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so sweet. The couple is gorgeous and YOU rock at taking pictures (: So glad you found my blog so I could meet a new blogging friend! I'm excited to get to know each other through blogging (:

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are perfect! the last one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete