post circle

$ $ $ $ $

12.04.2010

Photobucket

I absolutely LOVE Christmas time, and I know I'm not alone when I say that. When hubs and I bought our house last April, one of the first things I couldn't wait to do was decorate the mantel and stairwell at CHRISTMAS TIME! I have never had a fireplace to hang stockings and I have never had a staircase to put lights and wreaths on. All year long I was planning on what I was going to do, and even cut out pictures, ideas, you name it because my mantel was going to be thebomb.com. Well, we had a few set backs this year, and decided we couldn't spend any extra money on Christmas decorations. SO, I did the best I could with what I already had from the year before and that's okay.

Due to busy schedules, we didn't get to decorate until TONIGHT, BUT it was probably one of the most fun nights I've had with my husband ever. We have A LOT of fun nights too...but this one was just hilariously? (is that a word? if not, it is now) memorable. We danced like idiots in the living room to techno music. We were flipping through the music channels to find Christmas music, and well, Drew decided to stop on the pop/techno channel. It stayed, and we danced like fools. I couldn't stop laughing...and I hate to tell you we have NO pictures of this. He would have probably be mortified if I did take them and post them for the world to see. I guess it's just a memory I can just tell you about, and not show you. It makes me laugh just typing this because he had some moves I've never seen before. THAT MAN...I swear...he's truly one of a kind. :) I love him.

After the dance fest, we decorated. We improvised, we cut corners, and you know what??? It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


I hope to get some shopping done this weekend. I know two boys that deserve something extra special this year.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

post circle 22 comments :

  1. your house looks beautiful! i love your tree! happy holidays to you!
    xoxo, jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a very similar tree topper. Love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing...I love it!!! Well done, and how exciting to be the first time you are decorating your new house for Christmas! Looks lovely!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! :) LOVE the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is so pretty!!!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your house looks beautiful! We are getting ready to move into a new house and have the same issue. I'm dying to decorate, but the budget is tight! Still, your house certainly does not look look like a budget Christmas- well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the house looks gorgeous! I know your life lol -- we ALWAYS have hunting shows on thanks to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good! you'd never know it was done a budget!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Christmas decor. I really have to get on top of our's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your tree. it is so beautiful!
    and i love your brick fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it all! Everything looks so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can just keep adding decorations every year or throughout the year when stuff is super on sale :) I think it looks beautiful. Love what you did with the fireplace. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is gorgeous and I love your mantle. So cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful decors! :) Cute dog.

    -Mia
    http://miafied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such BEAUTIFUL decorations!! The home looks soooo cozy and warm. The mantle looks so pretty as well. Fun pictures-- especially the little pup on the mantle, haha! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tree and the fireplace! ah i am in love with that fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Your tree is beautiful and your place looks so nice & cozy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love what you did! gotta tell me how you did that xmas tree shot! please!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of the prettiest trees I've seen! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm in love with your fireplace darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. such cute decor and the dog in the last picture - precious!!!

    ReplyDelete