post circle

Well, darn.

1.03.2011

Happy "Belated" New Year pretty ladies. I kind of really slacked on the New Year's Post (and Christmas post),announcing my resolutions to the world and all that jazz. However, I suck at New Year's Resolutions. I have some, but I decided to write them down, put them in a box, and I will pull them out next year to see what I accomplished/completed/achieved/slacked on etc. :)

The things I am looking forward to this year are:

1. Andrew's 25th birthday
2. My 24th 25th birthday
3. Photographyyyyyy
4. Vegas girls trip in the works ;)
5. My 2 year wedding anniversary/Trip to Fredricksburg
6. Trip to California for my good friend's bachelorette party
7. Trip to California two weeks later for her wedding (hubs and Mom in tow) ;)
8. Getting in better shape (This is a broken record with me and millions of other Americans, so what!?)
9. Possibly a trip to NYC around Christmas (FINGERS CROSSED!)
10. Rennovating the kitchen and other things :) Love doing this btw.

After two wonderfulcrazybusy weeks, I have to return back to work tomorrow. I can't say I'm thrilled, haha, but I am ready to get back in the swing of things.

I am really irritated at myself too. Here I am sitting here in my PJ's, wet hair and all with about...oh, say, 1000 things on this to do list in front of me. How many were on it before my two week vacation? 1000. Yes...I didn't get ANYTHING I wanted to accomplished. I am SO behind and I'm fuuur-eaking out. I feel like kicking and screaming, but I will refrain from acting like a 2 year old and just do it in my head. Haha.

Things didn't go according to plan (do they ever?) and my time got away from me. For instance:

1. Christmas. Lots of last minute shopping. Lots of cleaning. Lots of packing. LOTS of driving. All of this = LOTS of time.

2. My sister-in-law's brain surgery. She is doing good, but she is in a lot of pain. This all came out of left field, and it hit me really hard. The power of prayer is amazingggg. Also, thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers, and those of you who continue to think and pray for Christi. You guys rock my socks off! For reals. Y'all are all little blessings in disguise. :)

3. My Mom came in a day earlier than expected (not complaining, I love her and miss her so much) so the day I set aside to edit pictures, work on my website, etc; was spent reorganizing my jewelry box so I could give it to my Mom because she really wanted one for Christmas and that's they only way I could afford to give her one. That alone took about 4 hours. If you knew me and my accessory collection, you'd understand.

4. My brother got married. My BROTHER GOT MARRIED! Whoooo hooo! Let me fill you in. My brother has been dating his gf (now wife) for 17 years. 17 YEARS!!!!! Yes, you read that right. They have been dating since they were sophomores in high school and they are now both 31. My brother is very reserved and quiet. He doesn't like attention of any kind, and he's a very laid back kind of guy. After years of people asking, "Are they married yet!? Why aren't you married!?" they finally did it. I got a text message on December 2nd from him at midnight saying, "Dana and I are getting married on New Year's Eve." Really, Bubba? That's so like him, but anyways, I was thrilled and so stinkin' excited for them. My Mom and I spent the rest of the week getting things together for the wedding, (very small & intimate might I add) and we also made the cake and did the decorations. It was very simple and sweet, and guess who was the photographer??? ME! Haha. But my brother hates pictures, so yeah...lol...Party pooper is right! :) Anywho, pics to come this week!

After the wedding/NYE bash, we had to get up super early on New Year's Day because Drew's family from Massachusettes and Illinois were coming to visit back in his home town (4 hours away). We had a great time, but I forgot my laptop cord at the house which = me getting no work done. Booooo.

I feel so unorganized. I hate this feeling...but atleast my hair is clean lol. I am going to kick it into high gear tomorrow and hope to get some things accomplished. Once I do that, I hope to be back into the blogging scene more because I love you guys! :) I need a new look for the new year too.

skjfafuafas;lkfsaopfiapokf;askfs;alfklsakfsafka;lf. KICK! adjlsadl;akdasal;fksal;fka;fsa;l. SCREAM! alkjdslakfslaofkiasopfisakf. I'm just taking it out on the keyboard. Carry on... :)

post circle 8 comments :

  1. Good luck getting caught up on everything. It sounds like you had such a busy week but I am sure everything will start to settle in soon with the new year once all the hype settles down. Praying for Your SIL and hoping she recovers well. Praying for free time for you to get more done. Love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - lots of traveling in store for you! so much fun! and whoa - have you been a busy lady or what?! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh you were busy! i had some time off before the holidays and spent all of it shopping. then i had some time off after Christmas and spent all of it cleaning our house and basement for the NYE party we hosted!!! ha! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! LOTS AND LOTS going on in your life! I am so glad to hear you SIL is recovering well.
    Take a breath and tackle one item one your list at a time =) Good luck hun!
    Congratulations to your brother on getting married!! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of stuff going on for you! That's so crazy/awesome about your brother getting married!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great things to look forward to love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel you on the to-do list! I have been reading blogs now for 2 hours instead of getting anything crossed of my list! Ughhh procrastinators UNITE!hahah
    So so so happy to hear your SIL is recovering! God does amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely okay that you were a little bit late...you have had SO much going on!!

    ReplyDelete