post circle

Christmas.

12.22.2011

Christmas Lights by Coldplay on Grooveshark

Photobucket

Christmas snuck up on me this year. I was sitting on the floor last night wrapping presents with Drew, and I just couldn't believe that Christmas is THIS weekend. Where has this month gone?

Each year, as I get older, Christmas starts to mean more and more to me. I know it will mean even more when Drew and I have little muffins running around screaming and ripping paper off of presents like hooligans. But for the time being, I am going to appreciate this time I have with my husband. I was just staring at him last night, in a daze if you will, and couldn't help but just smile. I took the time to just take a breath, and let time stop for a second. Here we are, together... Just us two "kids", living and loving together under a roof at Christmas time as husband and wife. When Drew and I aren't making silly videos and memories like this one...I'm also imprinting memories of us quietly sitting in the living room with the Pandora Christmas station playing in the background. I just sit and watch him and think how thankful I am to have someone that really loves me. That someone I can celebrate Christmas with. That someone who loves my baking. That someone who loves to wrap presents (I seriously lucked out in this department.) That someone who sings the corny Christmas songs with me at the top of their lungs. That someone who appreciates the true meaning of Christmas. Just someone, who chose to love me and chose to spend the rest of his Christmas' with. I feel blessed and mighty special I tell ya.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Step back and take it all in. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down. It's so easy to get wrapped up in getting the perfect gift, getting your work done, checking off a list that keeps getting longer and longer, running here, and running there. Enjoy your tree. Enjoy baking. Dance in the living room with your loved ones. Rejoice. Celebrate.

Love.

post circle 25 comments :

  1. This post is so sweet. It's always wonderful to step back and be thankful for what you have each holiday season. It's amazing what changes come - new family members, new house, new jobs or school. And can I just say, y'all make a great decorating/wrapping pair. Everything looks so joyful and beautiful!

    http://bethesong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post! it is so true ... every single thing you said.

    and the pictures of your Christmas decor ... gorgeousness! your house is beautiful!

    have an incredible Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly written Shay! I've been trying to capture those moments too. I'm looking forward to more of that time over the next few days. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if that's Furlee or Piper on the couch next to the tree but the picture is darling!!!! So is the one of you with your cookie sheet!!! Your home is beautifully decorated for Christmas, and you can definitely feel the real spirit of what Christmas is really all about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have been relishing in my first Christmas season with my husband and no one else, just being able to watch Christmas movies every night and bake way too much. BTW your tree is beautiful--we did ribbon around ours too! I'm seeing it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is so crazy we literally have to step back and hit pause sometimes to see all our blessings. Loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so jealous! Your house looks amazing and so do your presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your pictures! So beautiful. Your home is gorgeous! We all def need to step back, take a breath, & remember the real reason for the season! OH & I love your handwriting, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man your house looks gorgeous! Love the white and silver look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great post!! Your tree is GORGEOUS!!!

    And I love the tile in the kitchen! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty! And I love your brown paper packages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen girlfriend! We should all slow down, and enjoy. Take too many pictures I always say, these days will soon be only a memory!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I LOVE YOUR BACKSPLASH! That's exactly what we want in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this year for christmas i'd like to have handwriting as pretty as yours. makes those tags look extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How amazing! These photos are beautiful, looks like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you decorated the gift bags! Your home/tree is gorgeous!! Love that last picture of you!

    Happy Holidays!
    <3Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post. Love the amazing photography. Love you? Duh. Merry Christmas, Shay! Sending you and DDHP lots of lovin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this song! Your puppy is precious :)

    xo Shane
    shaneprather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Shalyn... these pictures are so fabulous! I ADORE that last one. I hope you and Drew have a beauuutfiul Christmas! Let's get together SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. you two are my favorites. so much and so lovey! i hope you have the best christmas ever!

    PS - my fur-boyfriend furlee is looking mighty mighty hadnsome ;)

    LOVE YOU!
    XO, A

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving your photos and your taste in music. And you & DDHP? So sweet together.

    Also.

    I happened to hit the B&W couch/tree photo at a quieter part in the song and at the exact same time that I scrolled to the bright, happy photos of your tree, Coldplay belted out "CHRISTMASSSS LIIIIIIGHTS"

    Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i cried reading this lol

    UGH! you 2 are my favorite. Love all around. Makes me happy to know such amazing people like you guys

    unfortunately my lovie just left me for jersey to see his family for christmas! I long for the time we get to spend our first christmas together :-)

    love you shay and DDHP and pipes and furls! have the best christmas in the entire world...y'all deserve EVERYTHING!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post and the pictures...gorgeous! I may have asked you this before, but what type of camera are you using...the quality is FABULOUS!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Duuuude... Your tree and decorations and present wrapping was GORGEOUS!!!! And that last pic of you? Probably my fave pic of you, like, ever.

    ReplyDelete