post circle

The power of prayer.

7.25.2012

Sometimes life is hard. And sometimes life is REALLY hard. Bad things happen to people. And unfortunately really bad things happen all the time to really GOOD people. That's life, right? "When it rains, it pours, blah blah blah." Amen. Lately, I've been faced with a plate full of...problems? Actually, scratch that. Problems is too vague. Let's call them...lessons. Yes, lessons. Not necessarily lessons I wanted to learn, but I do know in the grand scheme of things, I will eventually learn from these so called lessons and be happy that I did.
But, for the time being...Life has just been hard. It's been really, really hard and I've finally hit my breaking point. I have no doubt that things will eventually get better...because, well, they HAVE to right? I have all the faith in the world that they will.
However, I will be really honest for a minute. Something happened to me and my family yesterday that I am still trying to shake.
I've been crying a lot. I'm talking A LOT. I'll cry at the smallest little things too. I'll be driving in my car and I start crying. I will be rapping to Lil' Wayne and I will feel all those things I've been trying to hold in start welling up in my eyes and I just have to stop and pray.
I know things could always be worse. I know this. I'm thankful and I'm blessed for all the things I have in life. I have so much passion in my heart and I will NOT waste it. This passion keeps me going, and you know that song, "You gotta have faith"...well, let's just say that Drew and I sing it A LOT lol.
But for now...I have to just grow up, grab the bull by its horns and just PRAY and hold on to this crazy ride God has given me.
I wish I could be more blunt and tell you more of what life has given me lately, but for personal reasons and for the respect of my family, I will just keep it vague.
All I ask is for prayer. Prayer for peace. Prayer for understanding. Prayer for the light at the end of the tunnel to make it's way in my direction.
I love you guys. I mean that. And I get it...that's weird because I don't even "know" most of you in real life...but I can't help but feel the love from y'all. I swear blogging is a true blessing and I really do feel like I "know" y'all. I thank God every day for letting me be bored at work one day and start this so called blog. I remember thinking, "What the HECK am I doing? Who is going to want to read yo gibberish Shay!?" And you know what...I never ever EVER in a million years imagined what blogging has done for me. I've actually MET some of you in real life and now y'all are my real life friends and seriously the sisters I never had. Some of you may not know this, but even just a simple little, "Hi" can sure turn my day around sometimes.
I just want to thank y'all for being supportive and for not giving up on me or this blog. I KNOW things are going to get better and that this is just a phase in life. Trust me, I've never really had an easy life. Ever. I know that sounds a little depressing, but honestly, I don't think I would have wanted it any other way. I'm stronger, I'm motivated, I'm somewhat normal ;), and I have learned and experienced SO much in my 26 years here on Earth.
I just wanted to kind of let y'all know I'm doing OKAY and I will be OKAY. I need to focus on my family this week and get things figured out for them. If you pray...please please please, just pray that things get better, and soon. Patience sort of isn't my thing, (HELLO, I AM female!) and so, I guess if things just can't get better yet...you can always pray that patience and I become best buds. I'd be okay with that too. ;)
Love you guys. Mean that. I'll be back to regular blogging very soon. Besides, I have an AWESOME new look coming very soon.
Thank y'all from the bottom of my heart for the prayers from instagram yesterday and for all the text messages and messages I've received. The gift of prayer and concern means more to me than you will ever know. So, please, go give your loved ones a hug today and tell them you love them. Call up an old friend and ask how they are doing. Smile at a stranger. Open the door for someone. Say Thank you. Write a note on someone's desk at work today and just tell them you're thankful for them. Let someone waiting in line go in front of you. The smallest little actions can make a BIG difference in someone's life today. Trust me...
<3

post circle 45 comments :

  1. oh Shay! i'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with such turmoil in your life. I pray for emotional healing, understanding, and peace. You're right it WILL get better - keep the faith and keep your head up hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family! You are so right... things can only get better! I will be praying they do! :-) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my bear and I love you and you already know Ive been praying for you and your family since yesterday! I promise you wont leave my thoughts and prayers! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying!! 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that whatever it is that you are facing in your life right now passes with more ease than trouble. I hope that you and your family find the strength you need to conquer whatever it is that is ailing.You are a strong person, and sometimes bad things happen to show you that you can face "the impossible". Hang in there! You have the right attitude, don't bottle it up, play it out. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I love you and DDHP and what amazing people I think you are. I will be praying, I AM praying and text me anytime you want to talk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many prayers coming your way sweet girl!! Keep your head up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you more than you know and I think people feel the same because you and DDHP just have this light about you. Your goodness and heart shine through in everything you do, and know that God is with you. I know that your faith will get you through this. And Shay OHH--EEMM--GGEEE, did I tell you my devotional from yesterday? Well here it is

    "The Lord bless and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you."
    Then it goes on to say how these words are the most perfect prayer to share with another person. How great to know someone is right there with you? HOW FITTING?! I'm telling you girlfran, that guy upstairs works in mysterious ways.

    I LOVE you and was thinking about you right before I logged into blogger today. You are my favorite shmuffin of ever. MWAH MWAH HUG HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking about you and your family!! I'm so glad you have such a great support system in your DDHP hubby! :) You'll make it through like you said, and will be stronger for it... but I'm still hoping that whatever is happening in your life goes easy on you and you can get past it quickly! Until then, please know that I'm here for you if you ever need anything from Minnesota. HAHA :) Sending hugs and wishes and prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying, praying, PRAYING. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, in case you haven't already heard it, try listening to He Said by Group 1 Crew. It's helped me a lotttt during rough/confusing/difficult times. Love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending prayers and many many well wishes and good thoughts your way. He knows what you need, and I know good things will come from all of the prayers you are getting. Hang in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You, DDHP and your whole family are in my prayers! Rissy hit it right on the head when she said that y'all just have a light about you!

    I know that God is with y'all and I pray he helps you feel him around you and around your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking about you. Stay strong, you are such a tough lady and have a great support system and all us followers are here for you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending an abundance of grace and patience your way. Hope things are brighter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. shay bay i love you and DDHP more than I can say. you guys make me laugh all the time and are beyond inspiring with how you handle all these "lessons" with such grace and ease. praying my tail off for you. things WILL get better for you. love you to the moon and back muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for you during your time of need. God answers prayers and I know he will for you. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sure hope things get easier for you, sweet girl!

    Prayers work! Our God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayers and thoughts your way. I love your blog and you are such an inspirational person. You lift me up and I've never met you lol You always have your faith first and that's an amazing quality. Keep that up and God will provide and bless. He only give you things he knows you can handle. It'll get better. Just trust and let God.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Keep your head up, pretty girl because this too shall pass.

    I went through a tough time a couple of summers ago and it seemed like things would never get better...but they did. Just keep trusting in Him.

    I will definitely keep you in my prayers, doll! Hope things start looking up. xo

    The righteous face many troubles, but the Lord rescues them from each and every one.
    Psalm 34:19

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thinking about you and your family, girl. Keep your chin held high. We're all here for you :)
    Loving you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying that things work out for you and your family quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am praying for you and DDHP and your family in this time of turmoil! Just know that your bright shining face makes others feel like their day has been brightened! I luvs ya girl and just remember it will get better and there will be brighter days! I pray peace, understanding, compassion, and that Jesus will wrap his arms around you and make you feel his love!

    Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  26. Prayers for you and your family... God Bless and keep you...

    ReplyDelete
  27. i don't know what you're going through and i can't say i've been there but i've been through A LOT and i know how it feels to be kicked when you're down...repeatedly. but i'm like you too and wouldn't want it any other way. i haven't met you....but i love your blog and feel like i know you...so here's a big ol hug from california and know you're NOT alone. someday you're gonna "make it" and you're gonna be tellin your kids the whole "i had to walk six miles in the snow to get to school you can take the bus sometimes" talk, i know it.

    i WILL pray for you, lady!

    on another positive note, God gave you DDHP for a reason so you can overcome these obstacles with another by your side.

    have a fabulous thursday tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. praying for you. keep your chin up buttercup! it's ok to cry whenever you feel like. you are so strong for so long, sometimes you just have to release the tears. <3

    big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i'll be praying for you shay!! i love how optimistic you are even through these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE your heart shay

    seriously youre one of the strongest, most inspirational people I know and you will get through this!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

    here for you in every single way and I will fly down there tomorrow if u need me!!!!

    LOVE YOU BABE!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just wanted to let you know, that reading your blog and watching the goofy and fun videos you post has brightened my day when I have needed. Without probably even knowing it, just seeing what a free spirit and happy soul that you seem to be lightens the day! Thank you for your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I will be keeping you in my prayers Shay! You are so strong and beautiful inside and out. Keep your head up girl, everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh girl, saying a prayer for you right now! love the strength that you're showing in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  34. baby girl! this post was on my blogher side bar ad on my blog right now! :)

    many more prayers coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. praying for you. i could not agree more with everything you said regarding dealing with what God gives us. there is a lesson to be learned in everything. sending big hugs your way. keep you head up, baby girl.

    p.s. you live in austin, right? how is it? i'm going to be going there next month for work... :/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Praying for you Shay! It's crazy like you said how much you feel like you really know people from blogging! And what I know from what I see and read, you deserve all the happiness! :)

    The power of prayer is a great thing!

    Hope things get better for you soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm just now reading this but I want you to know how deeply I'll be praying for you. I'm so sorry that life has handed you the trials you are going through but one thing I know for sure is that they WILL make you stronger! You are a gem. Such a strong woman already and somehow in some way, this will help shape your life for the better. Know I am thinking of you and praying for brighter days ahead. LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aww Shay... I hope everything is OK. I'm so behind on blog reading so I just saw this, but please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I mean it. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thinking of you this morning and wanted to stop in and say hello...'hoping you're ok.

    Sending you love, sweet girl!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Still thinking about you and your family, Shay! And thank God for songs like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's so encouraging to see how much faith you have! Hang in there, girl! "All things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to his purpose"

    -Allyssa
    My blog: www.clothedwithstrengthanddignity.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you in this difficult time! I think we all go through it, but it never makes it any easier, and it is a part of life...just as you said so eloquently! Things will get better and you are such a strong person that I know you will get through this and be okay, just as you said! Sending extra hugs and smiles your way!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am new here! and I am loving your blog! Prayer is the best thing you can do in your life right now. Read some scriptures and just remember that God is great!! Rebecca @ roffenkr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete