post circle

Please Pray $

12.28.2010

Hi everyone!

I want to post about my Christmas, but right now I need to post about something much more important. My sister-in-law Christi and my family are in major need of prayers right now. It just seems that my family can't catch a break...do you remember this post? After their house flooded two years in a row, they finally just got back into their beautiful home before Christmas. I was actually JUST at their house the Sunday before Christmas and Christi and I were talking about how we have both been having headaches lately, and how I thought it was from the Cedar, and she thought she had a sinus infection.

Fast forward to the Sunday after Christmas. Andrew and I were driving home from his parents house (4 hour drive) and I was on my phone playing on facebook. I was scrolling down and I saw a status that my nephew Matt had wrote. I froze. I re-read it four times before I could actually comprehend what my eyes were reading.

I called my brother (Christi's husband) and no answer. So I then called my niece Mallory and she answered, crying.

Christi went to the hospital on Sunday because her headaches were getting really bad, and she thought she had a sinus infection. They ended up doing an MRI on her and they sent her home. A few hours later the ER called her and wanted her to come in.

They found a tumor in her abdula oblongata, right above the spinal cord. She is having surgery tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. and I know everything is in His hands. I have faith that everything will be okay, but I can't help but reach out and ask for prayers. After surgery we will know what stage cancer the tumor is in, and she will have to have radiation and possibly chemotherapy.

My sister-in-law is a strong, brave, and amazing woman. She is the most loving mother and wife, and God knows how much she means to me and so many people. I love her so much, and can't even imagine not having her in my life.

My niece Mallory started a small little blog to keep everyone updated if you want to check it out: www.christiming.wordpress.com

Please, please say a prayer for her. I'm trying to stay strong, but my Gosh, this is so so hard.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. ♥

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

post circle 22 comments :

  1. What awful news. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your sister-in-law and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey... I'm so sorry. I cried reading this entry. This is just awful and my prayers definitely go out to you, your family and mostly Christi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Prayer is very powerful, though- she will be in mine for sure, as will you! I pray you and your family will have comfort at this time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweet girl...I am lifting your sister-in-law up in prayer right now. Please keep us posted on any news of her condition.

    Thinking of you and your family, love.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your sister in law and your family! I am so sorry to hear about this! Remember to keep praying because it is all in God's hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for you and christi and your families!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for Christi and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your sister in law, family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your families and sis-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - wow. Atleast they caught it though right?? Your family is in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just stumbled onto your blog and now I see that God actually led me here, just to pray for you and your family! He is amazing, isn't He? I am praying now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. keep us updated with her status

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family is in our thoughts...I know he will make sure things are cared for! Please let use know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry! I'm thinking of your sister-in-law & her family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and your family are in my prayers!

    I'm a new follower and just wanted to say Hi from one Texas girl to another!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so so sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry lady. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry to hear this news...literally tearing up reading this post. It just shocks me to hear this but prayer is a VERY powerful thing.
    A very old family friend was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer at 27 and then the cancer spread to several different parts of her body. After months of prayer and positive attitude things changed about 2 weeks ago (after being told by MD Anderson that there was nothing else that can be done) she got her scans back after trying a new treatment and more chemo that ALL of her tumors were gone or not active!!
    I know that your SIL can fight this because so many people will be praying for her! Stay in the positive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice picture !! i love you

    kami dari biro umroh , telah mengadakan paket umroh 2015 , paket umroh Januari 2015 dengan Biaya umroh 2015 termurah saat ini, kami juga adalah Travel umroh langsung madinah saya yakin anda puas dengan pelayanan kami

    ReplyDelete