post circle

Luncheon & Quesadilla Recipe # nom. nom. nom.

2.22.2011

This was me about 15 minutes ago.
Photobucket
It almost looks like I'm fake sleeping haha, but I wasn't. Just sleepy and sportin' my snuggy :) I am so tired. My eyes are burning, and I still have a lot to do this evening before I can shut these eyes of mine.

Today was a great day. I took off of work (my 8-5) and I attended an event planners appreciation luncheon in Driftwood, Tx. It was at The Duchman Family Winery and can I just say WOW? It was such a beautiful place, and boy did they have amazingggg wine.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Nycia and I had so much fun! We have a wedding open house tomorrow, so after the luncheon, we spent the rest of the afternoon getting things ready for the show. AHHH! I can't wait!

Now, go grab a pen and a piece of paper. It's time to write down this quesadilla recipe. My presentation may not be nice and neat, but y'all, they taste SO good.

SO, I want to assume everyone knows how to make quesadillas. Atleast I hope so.

All you need:

Photobucket

I like corn tortillas and hubby likes flour, so we got both.

Shred up your cheese. We got mild cheddar.
Photobucket

Cut up 1/2 cup of green onions, and one avacado.
Photobucket

Fry your bacon. We got turkey bacon...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Heat up your chicken, and mix in the green onions.
Photobucket
We left the remaining bacon grease (which wasn't much because it was lean turkey bacon) for flavor.
Photobucket
Then, add one tablespoon of butter to the pan. Let the butter sizzle out and melt.

Next put down a tortilla and let it heat for about 20 seconds. Mmm smell the buttered tortilla and think how great this is about to taste. :)

Add the chicken, the bacon, the cheese, and the avacados.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Put another tortilla on top.
Photobucket

Flip the tortilla on the other side after about one minute, or until the bottom is nice and crispy.
Photobucket
Flip on the other side. Repeat.

Put it on your plate.
Photobucket

We cut ours into fours.
Photobucket

AND THEN EAT! :) :) :)
Photobucket

Like I said, lame presentation, but your taste buds will be dancing in their pants.

Xoxo.

post circle 17 comments :

  1. Those sound (and look) delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't lie to you... I didn't read the recipe because I am practically a lost cause in the kitchen oh poor future hubs : (

    I LOVE weddings... I was so obsessed with "Whose Wedding is It, Anyway" in college I actually emailed one of the planners about an internship.

    Love your snuggie! I call my mom's a slanket because it doesn't have the arms, but it is this super soft material like a blanket I have so I'm obsessed!

    Love the shirt you wore at the winery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to add bacon to our quesadillas - must try that! Nom Nom Nom. :)

    xoxo!

    P.S. - Look how cute you are in your pink snuggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quesadillas! So easy to make and so yummy :)

    Ps- loving your song that plays when your blog opens. I saw him a couple of years ago and got his autograph. I'm cool I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. as delicious as that food looks, im dying over that snuggie pic. i think its my bed time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look delicious! Hope you got some good rest last night - it sounds like with your many jobs you are go, go, go all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that food looks INCREDIBLE. i love anything with avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm I made these last week - lovvve them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quesadillas wayyy too much!! These look so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those quesadillas look really tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those quesadillas look so good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, i want to make that right now! looks sooo delish! i have a feeling the hubs would love that! thanks for the recipe!!!

    great pictures of the luncheon too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so darn cute!!! You and your lil snuggie. Precious.

    And yummm, quesadillas. (Btw, whenever I see that word, I totally pronounce it case-uh-dil-uhs like on Talladega Nights. Lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM- I love quesadillas! Did you know they sell an actual quesadilla maker at Target? My favorite wedding gift by far!

    ReplyDelete