post circle

Stephanie & Beau: Part I

9.25.2012



A long, long, loooooooong time ago, I was lucky enough to have met this precious little blogger, Steph.

I read her blog, she read mine, and one day a little e-mail landed in my inbox asking for my help.

Without going into TOO much detail, the poor girl didn't get many pictures of her and Beau on her wedding day.

So, Steph had generously asked me for help. I wanted to help her...but the question was, HOW!?

Fast forward a couple of months: I was sipping on some wine, sitting at home, and sometimes these really random BRILLIANT ideas come to my mind (naturally! ;)) and I texted her.

"STEPH! How do you feel about getting dressed up in your wedding dress...and Beau getting in his suit and y'all come to Austin and visit and we can finally meet and we can take pictures of y'all together all dressed up and and and and..."

Steph's response!? "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"

Obviously, the girl doesn't know me well enough. OF course I was serious. I needed to build my wedding portfolio, and the girl needed some pictures that she could love and hold on to with her Beau. ;)

Schedules conflicted a bit, but finally, FINALLY we made it a point to meet, and thankfully, we got to enjoy an entire weekend at her ranch...which, was pretty much the most beautiful place EVER to take pictures.

Y'all...I just love these two. Seriously, LOVE them. I'm so happy I got to recreate loving memories for these two little love bugs...even if it only took me 24820429 years to finally get to them displayed here on the blog.

Stephanie woke me up bright and early that morning and gave me the thumbs up that she was ready to go. We downed coffee like the champs we are and Beau was a good sport and helped Stephanie tie up her dress. I thought it would be fun to at least capture this since it's not every day you see your husband lacing up your dress. am I right, or am I right? Such a sweet Beau Beau. ;)
















Um, hello pretty people.










Come back tomorrow for Part II! OF yes, there is a Part II! HOLLA! :) If you don't? Then you might have to answer to Beau's fancy sexy Vogue worthy poses and Steph's massive guns! :) I know you're just as jealous as I am of Stephanie's arms. WHOLY awesome girlfriend! :) Teach me your ways! :)

See you tomorrow loves! :)

post circle 31 comments :

  1. These are AMAZING, you guys!! Shay, you are SO GOOD!!! :) Adorable... can't wait to see the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lordy these are awesome! And yes, Steph, those arms!! Hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah!!! :) Aren't her arms the bomb.com!?

      Delete
  3. You already know this...but you totally made my day, week, year, life with these. These mean so so so SO much to me and seeing them for the first time makes my heart SING!

    I am so fortunate to have a friend like you who just so happens to ROCK a camera!! Love you to the moon and back!!

    Part II?!?! Oh gosh...I'm gonna be refreshing your blog all day tomorrow in anticipation...and don't you doubt me! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) :) :) LOVE YOU MUFFIN!!!! SO thrilled you love them!!! :) Youuuu make MY heart sing! I am so fortunate to have a friend like you who just so happens to ROCK as a bride/friend/blogger/muffinpants/hottie! Refresh away! I'm gonna post in the morning so you don't have to keep refreshing ALLLL day! :) XO!

      Delete
  4. Ummm...Steph you are gorg!!!

    Shayln these photos are beautiful!! Makes me want to do a rock the dress photo shoot with my hubby since we didn't get many photos just us two from our wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan!!! :) You totally should!!! It's so much fun and way less stressful! :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE...I am so proud of you! Continue to do you and it will continue to shine through in your work. I can't wait to see more photos and I am looking forward seeing where God is taking you!:)BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love you to the moon and back Nycia! Thank you so much for continuing to be the sweetest friend in the world! Adore you!!!

      Delete
  6. awwwww. holding back tears. especially your husband tying up your dress. priceless moments right there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw Stephanie's tweet and I had to rush over to see all of them! Gorgeous pictures, Shay! You are amazinggggg. The pictures seriously gave me chills - you can see Stephanie and Beau's love through those pictures! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU so much Kate!!!! :) So glad you stopped by! SO sweet of you! Steph and Beau are the best! :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these!! They are such a beautiful couple!! You did an amazing job!! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this post for so many reason...
    I love your blog!
    I love Steph's blog!
    I love weddings
    I love photos
    I love cowboy boots

    Ok, I think I will stop now!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh. Soooo stunning. I just can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness these photos are absolutely amazing! You are incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a beautiful set of pictures. I can't wait to see the rest. Steph, you looked beautiful! And Shay- you are an amazing photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shay, you are SO talented! These photos are absolutely beautiful! And it doesn't hurt that Stephanie and Beau are both beautiful people!

    If you're ever in the DFW area, my hubs and I could use some photos for our Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so amazing Shay! I love them! You did an incredible job ... I am sure Steph is extremely thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so talented!!! Beau is so sweet for getting dressed up again...,most guys hate pictures! They're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shalyn!!! You have such amazing skills....one day when i'm 93 and finally married, I want you to shoot my wedding photos.....deal?!

    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, a new requirement has just been added to the husband list- must be willing to fly to Texas for all portraits under the sun taken by Shayln Nelson. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete