post circle

October Goals.

10.01.2012

Photobucket

Ahh. It's October! My favorite month of the year. The colors are changing (errr kinda). The leaves are falling. Hot cocoa is frequently in hand. Is it me or is fall the BEST season EVER!? I've always been a fall girl. The scarves, the boots, the cute jackets, the cuddling, the cooler air, the warm soups and Mama's homemade chili...HECK YES Y'ALL! It's here, sort of... (*I'm giving you the stink eye Texas*) but even if Texas wants to cool down and then heat back up...it's Fall in my heart and I'll pretend all I want! :) This weekend the temperatures dropped and boy was it nice! :) Every year I find myself walking outside, closing my eyes and just feeling the change in the weather. It's truly magical for me.

SO! What's this October Goals thing you ask!? WELL, I'm going to start listing goals every month, both personal and professional, both small and big. I feel like by doing this, I can focus on month-to-month tasks which will keep me organized, focused, and inspired. I am a huge list maker, and a big believer in setting goals for yourself. Hopefully by doing this, I can keep myself accountable and check things off one month at a time! :)

Welcome to this little introduction to my blog love bugs. I'm excited to share and please, hold me accountable will you!?! :)

1. Go to the pumpkin patch with Drew, get a BIG fat pumpkin and take LOTS of pictures. We've never been to a pumpkin patch together & every year we say we are going to do it & never do. This is the year we change that and make it happen! (I may or may not be clapping to myself right now...I'm THAT excited!) :) 

2. Clean out all of the closets in my house & DE-CLUTTER my house. This makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. All of my closets are just complete DISASTERS. It's time to clean out, throw away and re-organize. Simple is more.

3. Finish organizing my office and REVEAL what I've been working on for the past two months. Can't wait to show you! Insert Goldmember voice here: I LOVEEEE GOLDDD! :) 

4. Work out three times a week. I can feel the screams my muscles and cellulite are making as I type this.

5. DRINK MORE WATER.

6. Post all of my summer sessions and weddings on the blog. It's time I need to get my work up. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do this, but hopefully I can figure out a system and get this done. 

7. Only take ONE suitcase to Chicago & Boston. Oh my LAWD is this going to be hard. I think I can. I think I can. 

8. Make one homemade meal from scratch and set my dinner table (via candlelight, oh la la) for just Drew and me. :)

9. Do one DIY project & blog about it.

10. Go on a date with Drew and leave my phone at home. Sometimes a social media break is OKAY & much needed, y'all! :) 

11. Put pictures in my frames in the house. Say what!? Yes, y'all. I STILL have empty frames ALL around my house. Pathetic, I know! 

12. Do a giveaway. Just because. :) 

13. Start exploring and brainstorming on a professional project that I've been wanting to do for a really long time. It's time to get serious and figure out how I'm going to do this. 2012 may have been one of the worst years of my life to date, however, I'm so thankful for it as crazy as that sounds. I've learned SO much and I've become closer to our God. I have HUGE hopes that 2013 will be THE year of MAKING THINGS HAPPEN. It's time to prep and go full force. The only person holding myself back is me. And it's time I stop. Move over, self! 

So, tell me! What are your October goals!? I'd love to hear them!

Also, do you think I should do a monthly link up for this? I know people set goals for themselves all the time, and probably blog about them here and there. I am just throwing this idea out there...what do you think!? Or do you know of someone who hosts a link-up like this already? I def. don't want to be stepping on someones toes. If you know of someone, please let me know, and it not, this could be fun way for all of us to set goals and hold each other accountable! Just a thought! :) :) :)

post circle 24 comments :

  1. I bet my walk in closet would put yours to shame! I need to clean out ours again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm can I jump on board with your fitness goals i.e. working out 3 days a week and drinking more water? That needs to happen in my life.

    2013 is going to be the best year of your life. I decided

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on drinking more water and working out at least 3 days a week! I neeeed to start working out! i never have any motivation though haha

    And yes to the monthly link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to complete most of your October goals :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. October is also my favourite month of the whole year, but for entirely different reasons to yours. It is the middle of Spring and it's warm and all the flowers are in bloom. It's just the most beautiful month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope to finally go to the pumpkin patch with Sean this year. can't believe we've never gone together either.

    you know what's so funny? i had planned on doing a candlelight dinner for Sean and i coming this Sunday! i'll be making his favorite Shepherds Pie and doing it ... i can't wait to see his reaction when he sees it :)

    hope you get everything on your list accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww candlelight dinner! how sweet!! Glad to know that I am not the only one with empty picture frames, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! You should totally do a Link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! I really think that writing out goals makes you more accountable for them and breaking them down into months makes them more manageable! Also totally agree with leaving the phone at home. It's a hard thing to do, but it's so worth it!

    Love this idea for a link-up! I know I would participate :)

    Clarissa

    loveeachdayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't it feel fantastic to set up some goals...love this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea...i need to actual put my goals down in writing, they aren't nearly as functional when they're just floating around in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE PUMPKIN PATCHES (and corn mazes, but not the haunted ones)!! I may or may not be clapping with excitement myself just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been doing this on my blog since January and it helps SO much! I'm embarrassed to admit to blog lovers what a slacker I have been, so I totally push myself to check stuff off the list...so hopefully this helps you too! You've got some great goals woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goal right now for de-cluttering is to *try* to get rid of a bag of stuff every day. Even if it's just a target bag of shoes or clothes. If I don't remember it's not the end of the world, but it's a start.

    Can't wait to see the office reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I host a linkup!! We're posting it tomorrow. We've done it since January this year! We'd love for you to linkup! Your goals are fantastic. I like that you have little things listed on there too, and they're not all chores. Going to a pumpkin patch is especially a great goal!

    Here is my last month's linkup in case you wanted to see how we explained it. It has different numbers of linkers each month. Some more than others. Really you would just post your link tomorrow...http://www.littlegirlinthebigworld.com/2012/09/just-happy.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. A link-up would be awesome!

    Your goals are so inspiring and are actually realistically manageable!

    Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely need to do one of these too! I always have good intentions to get things done and time just slips away and I never get to it. Drink More Water is top on my list. (sad that we have to put that on a list??..) and I want to get engagement pictures done for our save-the-dates!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love these goals my love!! i need to do some sort of goal list!!! esp now that its a NEW MONTH!!!

    why not just pack up your entire house with 50 suitcases and just come live with me :-)

    cannot wait to see the final office reveal!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've inspired me not only on the monthly goals but on the dates without technology! Instagram dating (where we take trips and compete over who gets to post what picture) is now far to common for me and the other half!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so need to organize my closets too! I'm all about getting rid of the old right now! {Probably so I can bring more in! lol} The pumpkin patch will be so fun for you guys! :) We go every year and I love it!

    Can't wait to see your awesome office either!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aye yi yi...I need to de-clutter and decorate our place too. Disaster I tell you! And I hear you 2013 is going to be a GREAT year, I can already feel it in my bones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the idea of a link up! I just posted my Fall Bucket List today!

    I need to print and frame some photos too..it's sad how few we have in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such great goals. Drink more water is always on my list. lol. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest interview about what it's like working with Lauren Conrad and some exciting TV projects. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this idea and your list! I ended up making one of my own:
    http://www.thebetterbelleproject.com/2012/10/october-goals.html

    I'm hoping to make it out to the pumpkin patch with my man as well... October really is the best month. I need more pumpkins and pumpkin flavored stuff in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete