post circle

Wedding March Madness: Pre-Wedding

3.11.2011

I know I'm breaking up my wedding day up a little too much. But if you know me, you know I am detail-oriented and this is what I do.

I was so cool, calm, and collected the morning of my wedding. I'm a pretty emotional person naturally, and I expected to wake up freaking out, crying, you name it. However, I woke up and was fine. When I took a shower, I remember washing my hair and thinking, "Am I going to cry? Why am I not freaking out yet!? What is wrong with me!? This isn't right! I should be crying happy tears!"

On the way to the church, I felt the nerves start to get me. I got a small little lump in my throat, but swallowed it. I was going to be calm.

I arrived at the church, feeling good, got ready, still feeling good, and then it was that time where you waited around waiting for the wedding coordinator to ask, "Are you ready?"

During that hour before the wedding (which felt like forever), I found a moment to hold hands with my future husband. We didn't see each other, don't worry. We held hands around the corner.

We had some business to take care of.

Photobucket

You see, my Mom went to Cabo right when Andrew and I started dating. She brought us back matching bracelets. I wore mine for about 8 months before I decided it was clashing with way too many outfits. So, I put it on my rearview mirror. Andrew, however, decided to wear it every single day for 3 years. That bracelet had been through the ringer...even a cow's ya-ya. Yes, a cow's ya-ya. Don't ask. LOL

Since it was time to get married, and since he was going to have a band around his finger to symbolize his commitment to me, we decided we could cut it off on our wedding day.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I swear it used to say my name. Haha.

I went back to the bridal suite and touched up my make-up, took pictures, and just hung out until I got the cue.

In the mean time, hubs read my letter to him. It was a pretty good letter if I do say so myself...and we can't find it to this day. I think my MIL has it? Let's hope she does?
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And my Mamaw made the final touches while I pinned my Papaw with his flower.
Photobucket
Aren't my Mamaw and Papaw the cutest!? They are the best.
Photobucket

I'm still feeling good. No tears. Just happiness.

Then I walk back to the bridal suite...and my brother walks in the room and sees me for the first time.

He and I are the exact opposite of each other. He's cool, calm, and very reserved. I'm hyper, out-going, and goofy.

When I looked at my brother, the man that was going to walk me down the aisle...he had tears in his eyes.

And then...like I expected...

Photobucket

I lost it. I cried like a little sobbing baby.

It made my friends cry.

Photobucket

I don't think I ever got back the cool, calm, and collected after that. I think I honestly had an anxiety attack. I couldn't catch my breath, and I was so incredibly nervous.

My bridesmaids and I prayed.

Photobucket

And we took a picture for Piper since the church wouldn't allow him to be the ring bearer. (Furlee wasn't born yet)

Piper has vestibular disease, so his head naturally tilts to the side. We all did "The Piper!" Hahaha :)

Photobucket

AND then I got the, "Are you ready?"

Hell yes, I am more than ready. Tears, anxiety attack and all. :)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Yes, still crying.
Photobucket
Love this shot. Our big day is here babe. Let's do this...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Here comes your bride...

post circle 16 comments :

  1. You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day. the pictures are worth a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're are one of the classiest brides I've ever seen...and that's not lip-service!

    Every single picture is just amazing...I mean, obviously the photographer has a lot to do with it, but he/she has to have good subjects!

    I think my favorite is you holding the cut bracelet. That is so sweet!

    I could go on and on...but it's 2am. Haha. Loved them all. Really. :)

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful post. So sweet and perfect! Seriously just made me cry at work. I love this more than words can say! I pray that I have a love like this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your wedding picture. The picture of you and brother crying almost made me cry!

    xo

    samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgoodness!! This was so beautiful and made me tear up!! My wedding is just a little more than 1 year and 1 month away and last night I had my first bad dream about it going bad!! Eeppp. You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every single picture is gorgeous. I love the pre-ceremony business of cutting off the bracelet. Poor Piper, having to miss her Mommy's big day like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love these posts!

    I read every single word, and thought it all deserved to be here so no worries about breaking it down "too much" ; )

    I can not believe he wore that bracelet for three years!!! that's amazing!

    I think it's really sweet that your brother was tearing up!

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be my favorite wedding post of yours so far :)

    Love the pictures...especially the ones of you cutting off the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love the picture of you and your brother. I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog and am SO glad I did! LOVE IT. These pics are beautiful! ALso, we basically are music taste twins. I was seriously just listening to 'save your scissors' and 'the girl' is probably one of my fave city and colour songs. kinda like 'predatory wasp' is one of the best of sufjan. Woah. Talk about kindred spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I must live for engagement and wedding stories. I love the story behind his bracelet and the picture of you hugging your brother! It made me teary eyed just reading about it!

    You had an amazing photographer too girly! Wow! Looking forward to hearing more (and glad you woke up calm and collected - I find myself wondering what I'll be like when that day comes - probably freaking out).

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful!Amazing photography! You two are so cute!!! These are bringing back memories of my big day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going through the pre-wedding anxiety attacks and tears, I seriously cry every time I see something wedding related--including this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I cannot get over the line about the bracelet and the cows ya-ya! HA- do tell!

    I loved reading this. I have loved every detail of your wedding so far. Those pictures of him reading your letter are so tender! Love you twinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you are breaking up your wedding! I LOVE wedding stuff and yours is one of the most gorgeous ones I've seen....I may or may not have saved some of your pics in my wedding file :)Can't wait to read the next installment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have some amazing pictures! YOu looked absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete