post circle

Guest Post: Jenni

6.29.2011

This introduction will not do this lady justice. I'm sure most of you KNOW who Jenni is here in blog world, and if you don't, then you are in for a real treat. This lovely lady is one of my all time favorite bloggers. She writes beautifully, and always has a great story to tell, whether it's heartfelt, or darn right hilarious. We are both living in Austin (whoop whoop) and I just can't WAIT to meet her SOON<---(Promise, Jenni). I have a feeling we will be REAL LIFE besties very soon. SO without further ado... Photobucket


Hello readers of the Nelson Diaries!
My name is Jenni, and Shalyn and I are neighbors!  Well, neighbors in the sense that we both live in Austin, Texas (though we're yet to have our first "blate" [blate=blogger date!]).
I feel priviliged to live so close to such a sweetheart! ;)
As I pondered what to write for my guest post, I started skimming through my photo library on my computer for inspiration. And I got lost for a little while. I started at the beginning, and looked through old folders I hadn't viewed in many months.  It brought me back to long-since passed seasons of my life--and as I viewed those years-old pictures, I realized that the girl I was then simply isn't the girl I am now.
I'm older now, for one thing.  A little wiser.  A little more comfortable in my skin.  A little more confident in the direction of my future.
Now you may be thinking, "is there a point here?"
And yes, I have a point.
The point, and the thing that suddenly became clear to me as I was sifting through those old photos, is that WE ARE ALWAYS CHANGING.  But not only are we always changing--we are also making choices about that person we'll be in the future.
Some of why we become who we become is left to chance, but most of it isn't.  And as I looked back on those old photos and thought about why I'm different now, I realized that, mostly, it was because of choices I had made. 
And then I became grateful that my younger self had been looking out for me.
I guess all I wanted to say to you, sweet people, is to make the kind of choices that you'll be proud of when you're flipping through old photo albums and you see that person you once were.  Everyday you get the chance to reinvent yourself a little.  
Thank goodness, right?
PS - Drop in and visit me anytime! I love to make new friends. :)
------------------------------------

I love this post so much Jenni. Thank you so much! BLATE SOON! ;)

post circle 8 comments :

  1. You Austin girls sure are incredible :) This post was just what I needed to hear. It's so easy to make decisions too quickly without really realizing how they are going to affect the rest of our lives. So, thanks to Jenni for the reminder that each day we get to reinvent ourselves! And thanks to Shalyn for having such lovely guest posters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness do I adore Jenni, and I'm so glad she wrote this :) And I'm so glad I got the chance to come on over to your beautiful blog! I can't wait to catch up on what you've written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jenni's blog so much, and I love yours too.. I'm jealous you two get to meet! Great post by Jenni as always... it is interesting to look back and see how we've changed, and it's good to have the opportunity to be able to realize when we want to change something about ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived in Texas so I could be friends with all of you guys!! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come play in Austin with you ladies!!
    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jenni and your blog is hilarious! Def following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting from Jenni's blog! I love the idea that we get to reinvent ourselves each day. The great thing is that if we do something we aren't proud of we don't ever have to do it again. Thank goodness for each new day. (:

    p.s. I'm totally loving the music on your blog and I'm off to download some Two Door Cinema Club music now! Yay for new blogs and new music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also visiting from Jenni's blog and I've had fun looking through your posts! It's definitely booked marked in my favorites now :)

    ReplyDelete